"REBUILDING FROM THE GROUND UP"
ALTERNATIVES TO THE NORTHERN TERRITORY INTERVENTION
The NT Intervention has been a disaster for Aboriginal communities.
Aboriginal peoples, communities and organisations are outraged by the failures of the NT Intervention and the breaches of human rights.
This statement is putting forward an alternative based on Self Determination and sustainable resourcing for all communities.
Initiated by the campaign against the Intervention, this statement is a synthesis of the demands coming from Prescribed Area People's Alliance meetings and community leaders for the past four years.
You can download the full statement below and explore the each point through research overviews, links and videos.
For a list of current endorsements and information as to how to support this statement and take action click here.
1. RESTORE COMMUNITY GOVERNANCE
2. INCREASE GOVERNMENT INVESTMENT IN ALL COMMUNITIES
3. JOBS WITH JUSTICE
4. NO TO TOWNSHIP LEASES
5. HOUSING FOR ALL
6. EMPOWERMENT THROUGH EDUCATION
7. ABOLISH COMPULSORY INCOME MANAGEMENT
8. COMMUNITY CONTROLLED SOCIAL SERVICES
10. NON-DISCRIMINATORY ALCOHOL MANAGEMENT
11. JUSTICE NOT JAIL